Thursday, June 7, 2012

Summer of Kings

On the eve of the eve of our first retreat, I find myself living the questions we will be diving into this next week.

And oh, why not share what we're researching!  We begin with... Kings.  Exiting.  That will be the first hint. Indulging, clinging, falling... a few themes.  I'll let the other Ochlosians chime in for more.  What I really want to mention here is the grand theme of life and death.

This morning I said goodbye to our elderly family pet, and arrived at work to be greeted by my charge, an 8-month-old pup I've loved since the day we met.  What a stark contrast between the two.  What I experienced at home the last few days was a dragging on, a lingering and a feeling of stagnation, as well as confusion and turmoil regarding what to do, and the big question of WHEN.  Arriving at work this morning, all was easy and light.  Puppy wanted to be scratched on the tummy, and his hair was soft and fresh.  So easy to like, so easy to be with.  (Don't get me started on the guilt that this realization brought on...)  I could literally smell a difference between the two energies.  The aromas of stagnation and clarity, of helplessness and joy.

And here I am catapulted into our collaboration.

This will be our Summer of Kings.

-Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment